Thursday, April 2, 2009

Travelling

...or traveling. Either way I am very excited because I am going to be visiting both Las Vegas and The Bay Area/San Francisco in the near future. Eric has conferences in both cities (Vegas and San Jose, actually) - one in April, the other in May. Thanks to frequent flyer miles and other fortuitous circumstances, the costs associated with my accompanying him will be minimal. Vegas will be a typical vacation for me. I'll be able to sit by a pool read, drink, gamble (a little-I am not a big gambler), see a show...you know, the usual. And as all who read this blog know, Eric and I met and lived for many years in San Francisco, where we both have family and friends - so there will be no lack of familiarity, fun, frolic, re-connecting and activities. My Eric has conference work to do in both cities. We've made sure there is extra time for his enjoyment after his obligations are completed. 

...oh, and Eric was recently promoted. Three cheers!

Anyway, it's all very exciting. We very much like our lives here in Toronto but can't help missing the San Francisco Bay area and our family and friends that live there.  Something to look forward to! 

2 comments:

MSEH said...

Fabulous!!

Adam said...

I would travel *anywhere*. If I haven't been there before, all the better.